Authors: Lillis Lawrence
Collection: Learning Materials
Thie book entitled "Eat Right and Save Money" is a plain language guide to healthy eating and includes the Cree translation. It was first published in 1996 with the Plain Language Nutrition Project and was subsequently reprinted and revised to incorporate the new Canada Food Guide.
The contents include:
- Northern Food Guide (Mech-i-win Kiskinota Musinuhikun);
- Feeding Your Unborn Baby (Kasamut Kichawasimis);
- Snacks for Growth (Mechiwinsa Opikiwin Oche);
- Feeding Baby (Awasis Kasumut);
- Breastfeeding (Nohawasawin);
- Bottle Feeding (Notwakun);
- Solid Foods (Mechiwina);
- Food Shopping (Mechiwin Atawewin);
- Shopping Tips;
- Menu Ideas;
- Grocery List; and
- End of Month Shopping.