Collection: Learning Materials
The New Brunswick Department of Education supports the inclusion of children with exceptional needs into the regular classroom setting. The inclusion of these children however presents certain challenges for teachers. The Department of Education has developed this document in order to assist NB teachers to develop teaching plans that meet the needs of the diverse learners in their classrooms.
This document offers the following:
- background information about the characteristics associated with various types of Specific Learning Disability;
- methods for informal and formal assessment of these students;
- presents guidelines for the development of Special Education Plans that address the needs of these students;
- resources appropriate for the learning needs of students with learning disabilities;
- ways of incorporating parental involvement in the planning process.